Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dome 2.0 update

Got all the big pieces of the dome together this evening, now just got all the details, and sanding, and painting, and wiring, and....well lots more to still do. :)



Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Charging station upgrades Part 1

I updated my worn out chargers and got chargers more specific to the certain types of batteries I use. It is nice to have a visual readout of the voltage at any time.
Now to just get the rest together and organized.

Patches' got his voice back

Being deaf now I have not bothered to put Patches' sound system back together in about two years as it was being used in the TARDIS console. I wired up two new 12 buttun remotes to the system and changed the programing code back to R2-CM's configuration.
 The new sound remotes are installed on Patches' main transmitter.
Front
 Back

Here is a short video of Patches back with his other three Astro brothers. :)

Monday, February 1, 2016


A few little things

Made a jig for cutting odd angles in plywood. Works great!


The Tardis console room will be featured at this years Britishfest convention again!
Be sure to join the excitement and say hi as well!


Saturday, January 30, 2016

More upgrades

Had a warm winter day so did some cleaning and organizing today. Got all my old batteries that are no longer good together that are no older than 5 years old. Dam that is a lot of money gone! Oh well, love to make people smile. :) Need to get some new ones soon for the summer and Britishfest convention.
 Finally hung up my new wire organizer. Glued a few craps of plywood together and nailed them to the studs. Also put a space filler on one side.
 Once the organizer was hung and leveled I added some custom built in wire holder above the new one. I drilled directly into the studs to fit 3/4 inch dowel rods.
 With the bought and custom made wire holders in place I no longer have to go hunting for the correct wire. Once I get around to wiring up BB's head I have a nice station to do it at. :)

Painted the back side of the logo today with one of my Dalek gold test colors and hung it up. Will eventually make a frame for it this summer once I replace the Workshop's siding. Happy with it for now. :)
P.S. Notice the light. lol

Friday, January 29, 2016

Here's your sign!

Making a waterproof sign for outside of the workshop. So far here is the vinyl work I had made. :)

Thursday, January 28, 2016

BB's outer body is done

Tonight after sanding and cutting while the weather was a bit warm out I then added the last details of BB's outer shell.
So I had to take some pics with the other astromechs with his old head on. :)
This weekend I start on his new head. :)





BB's body almost done

BB's small body details are being added. This weekend I get back to the dome.