For the shoulders I used a slower drying glue called Waterproof Titebond III Ultimate Wood glue. It has a strong hold on smooth surfaces and the long drying time lets you have more time to clean out any glue that gets into the grooves.
I also bought some high dollar clamps because the cheap bargain ones kept coming loose.
The new ones are pictured below, I got 6 of them at $15 a pop. It may sound like a lot but its better that having to start over because a clamp let loose.
I also got my CF3 sound system in with two 12 button remotes . It may look like a mess but thats ok for now until I get all the other electronics installed, then I will clean it all up.