Monday, April 7, 2008

R2's kilt

Finally got some real work done tonight and got R2's skirt half way put together.
I will get the last half done on Sunday when DashRender brings over his extra styrene.
First I dialed in the table saw so that the angles were correct.
Then I made a few jigs and extensions to make cutting easier.Then I layed out the dimensions and rough cut out the circle

Next I cut the two outer straight edges Next I cut the inner side walls and routered out the inside with a flush cut bit.Lastly I glued in all the fastener blocking and cut the outer pieces at 36 degrees.

1 comment:

Victor Franco said...

Looking good!! Keep up the good work.