Thursday, April 23, 2009

Patches' rear skins

This moring I took the tape off the signatures and all looks good. It still needs a day or two to cure all the way though. I then took the time before heading out to work to file all the tabs on the rear skin and door parts.
Then I sanded the sharp edges smooth so the paint does not chip on the edges later.
The red dots are for where I will counter sink the holes for the screws that hold the skins on.
Later in the evening I JB welded the biggest back door panel together. It takes forever to clean up the extra JB weld that squeezes out when you clamp the halves together.
Next I counter sunk the holes for the screws and filed the burs off on the back side.
After cleaning up all the aluminum dust with mineral spirits I primed the back skin.
Three coats with 20 minutes between coats.
Around 4pm I put two coats of white spray paint on the skin and left it to dry. I will put another coat on in the morning before heading to work.

No comments: