Sunday, October 4, 2009

More Board Work

Today I did some of the finish work on the board by soldering everything together permanently.
First I took two wire ends and weaving them tightly together. Then I put some Soldering flux on the wires to help pull the solder into the joint.
Once the connection cooled off it will not come apart.
Next you use electrical tape or heat shrink tubing to shield each individual wire separately then wrap them together with more electrical tape to keep everything neat.
Once all the soldering was done I took the antenna wire and wrapped it around the boarder of the frame and secured it with some painters Blue Tape.
Except for a power switch and some felt on the back side this version of the board is done. I tested it out in T3 and R4-ED and it works fine. It only takes a few minutes to transfer from one droid to the next.

No comments: