Thursday, May 13, 2010

R3 Dome painting

This evening Jen and I got some more work done on her droid.
Jen put the first coat of red around the rim of the droid. We forgot how pink it looks before it dries.
While Jen was doing that I did some prep work on the Data port. The two large tabs on the side had to go.
After a few minutes the tabs were just a pile of dust.
Next  I smoothed everything else out by hand.
Finally it was time to spray paint the part. The first coat is a light dusting followed by a second dusting to make sure all the inside corners have coverage.
About 10 minutes later I put on the final coat.

No comments: