When I got home I decided to prime my inner foot brackets while mowing the grass.
I cleaned off the parts and dried them while I had them attached to a coat hanger. My first two coats were in grey.
The last two coats I used some left over black primer from another project.
As soon as they were dry enough I hung them up in the barn for the night and finished mowing.
I then went back to my dilemma of the bearings being to tight and sanded and polished some more. I tried to press them in again and I was almost seated till the hub cracked.
Lumpy says it might take an off sized bearing that only the manufacture of the hub uses. So I sent PartsforScooters.com an E-mail and will see what they say. :(