Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Daily Grind

Today I am spending most of my time cooking for tomorrows St. Patrick's day get together. I had some time while waiting for the corned beef and cabbage to simmer so I thought I would get some grinding done.
Before I begin let me quote a great and wise man; Norm from The new Yankee Workshop,
"Before you Begin any project, be sure to read understand and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Also there is no better safety rule then to wear these, safety glasses."

First I started by grinding down the extra length of the inside shoulder hub bolts so they do not interfere with the exterior resin hub cap.
Here is the before... And here is the after!
I also took a piece of angle iron and cut two thirteen inch pieces out of it. These pieces will be used to hold the center leg to the frame. Using metal instead of wood will insure there is no unwanted movement of the leg.
After cutting these two pieces I ground down all the sharp edges and cleaned up any metal shards left on the concrete.
I test fitted the pieces in the frame and will drill the holes on each end later when I get the right drill bit.

No comments: