Saturday, February 27, 2016

Britishfest announces a new guest for 2016!!!!

George's balls

Got all of Dalek George's balls on and aligned the skirt and shoulder section and attached them. Then i took out the temporary internal supports out and finally got to try him on for size. :)

Monday, February 22, 2016

Skirt work 2

Skirt is together, just got to reinforce the seams and add the bumps!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Skirt Work!

May not look like I got a lot done yesterday but i did. Raised the height of the bumper another 3/4 if an inch so it clears the lip of the garage concrete. Then cut two more panels of the skirt and cut the skeleton back the thickness of each pieces of siding. Today I hope to get some of the panels installed permanently. :)

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

New Toys!

As some of you know I love to collect all different types of rulers and measuring devices. Today I added this Yellow ruler that has MM and CM on it. It is halfway between the 30cm ones I got and the big 108cm one I have.  Also got an angle gauge, this one has the added feature of a built in level. :)

Monday, February 15, 2016

Spring is almost here!

Today was the first signs of spring with weather in the upper 40s so I decided to open up the shop for real and get some work done on the bigger projects.
With the new jigs I made I made 5 pieces of the Dalek skirt.

 Next I did a new basecoat on the GONK where the paint has chipped off over the years. When it is a bit more warm I will put a topcoat.
 Also got some spring cleaning done in the basement where all the robots like to hang out. :)

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dome 2.0 update

Got all the big pieces of the dome together this evening, now just got all the details, and sanding, and painting, and wiring, and....well lots more to still do. :)

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Charging station upgrades Part 1

I updated my worn out chargers and got chargers more specific to the certain types of batteries I use. It is nice to have a visual readout of the voltage at any time.
Now to just get the rest together and organized.

Patches' got his voice back

Being deaf now I have not bothered to put Patches' sound system back together in about two years as it was being used in the TARDIS console. I wired up two new 12 buttun remotes to the system and changed the programing code back to R2-CM's configuration.
 The new sound remotes are installed on Patches' main transmitter.

Here is a short video of Patches back with his other three Astro brothers. :)

Monday, February 1, 2016

A few little things

Made a jig for cutting odd angles in plywood. Works great!

The Tardis console room will be featured at this years Britishfest convention again!
Be sure to join the excitement and say hi as well!