Thursday, August 27, 2009

Horse shoe work

I took Patches legs apart a while back to start finishing them but still need to go out and get the sander to do it. With an event to do tomorrow I started putting R2-CM back together. While I was at it I decided to mount the piston and buttons the right way instead of hot gluing them in.
I drilled holes in the pockets where the item screws will be located.

Then I countersunk the back side so the screws will sit flush.While holding the items in place on the shoes I drilled from the back to make a mark where to drill in the resin. After i drilled the holes the rest of the way in, I screwed them to the shoes and put them back on the droid. I can't wait to cover up the dowel dots some day.

No comments: