Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dome work

Today I used bondo to cover up the small air holes in R2's center eye.
Then I started to sand the back side flush to the dome. With the fine sand paper I have it will take forever so I will wait till tomorrow when I'm out to get some coarser stuff.
Next i drilled and counter boared for the 4-40 bolts that will be attached to the inner dome.
I then JB welded the bolts from the front and tightened them flush with a nut on the back side.
I still have 4 bolts left to put on but i did not have enough nuts so I will get them tomorrow when I get the sandpaper.
Here are some pictures of my painted dome panels from yesterday that still have a long way to go before they are cured. Notice how the color changes from light brown to dark depending on the angle.




No comments: